* My adopting buddy Tisha who went RIGHT after I did to pick up her twins from HH (they even were all over my Gotcha Day video) is doing an amazing thing for ONE of our adoption friends: Maria (her kids pictured above) from http://www.loveyamorethancookies.blogspot.com/ has a beautiful story...TWO bio children, then an adoption from Guatemala, then an adoption from Ethiopia and NOW an adoption for TWO children with Downs Syndrome from Europe!! Yes, she blows my mind...and she's constantly advocating on her blog for ALL those children still waiting...I love to read what she's up to and HOW many children she's placed through her efforts!! BUT...back to Tisha...Tisha is raising money to help this family now that they've just gotten home and have 6 children...2 of which will require much care. This is something God laid on Tisha to do for Maria and her family. The least I could do is let yall know about it.... Tisha's blog with her efforts going on is:
http://www.tisha-myrestingplace.blogspot.com/ Check it out!!
* Ok, so check out http://www.thefarmerswifetellsall.blogspot.com/ She has some great tshirts going on and a cute blog. She's also one of my agci peeps..so ya know I gotta give her a shout out just for that reason!! :) Lets bless her socks off by supporting their Ethiopian adoption and sporting her t's:
*Do yall realize that Ordinary Hero has over 50 families now signed up to receive the profits from November tshirt sells...AMAZING!! So, families will make about 10 bucks per shirt they sell and THEN the top 3 sellers GET THEIR MONEY MATCHED BY ORDINARY HERO!! Hundreds of tshirt sells are going on...I mean...they and all their peeps are keeping Charlene busy over at Ordinary Hero...Char is my neighbor and friend and now she is CONSTANTLY helping my sister with OH. BUT, i've been informed that I'M taking one thing off Charlene's PLATE...I'm the newest team member for OH...well, i guess i've always been a team member with my sister running the show..but now I'm going to be sending out the Speak Up Emails that showcases the children currently needing homes....it speaks right to my heart so it will be perfect!! If you want to sign up to receive those emails...go to the Ordinary Hero site and email Kelly or Charlene to get on the email list!! Then you'll start getting emails from me SOON via OH!! :)
***So, HERE's MY IDEA...IF you have a shout out NEED that could help you bring awareness to your fundraising efforts for YOUR ADOPTION....Leave your blog and what you are doing/selling in my COMMENT BOX and I'll try and grab them through out the day tomorrow to add to THIS post...How does that sound?? I have no idea HOW this will play out..but hey, we can give it a TRY!! I can't promise it will help...some people tell me my efforts SOLD all their shirts, etc...others say it didn't help a bit...so??? I'll do my best! :) So, it works like this: leave me a comment with your blog address and what you are selling or doing...and hopefully in the end it will bring some traffic your way...we'll see! :)
***oh, one more I just found in my email inbox:
*Also, check out www.hammonshouseunplugged.blogspot.com This local family JUST got home, literally, with their 5 yr. old son from Ethiopia..and are TURNING back around to return to adopt his best friend they left behind...Oh, just burst my heart!!! :) They need some serious fast cash to afford TWO back to back adoptions...so happy for them. Check out their amazing story and see if you can't help this family that is stepping out in faith!!!
***Ok, so check out this adorable family that contacted me and let me know that God used our baby girl and her video to inspire them...They were a family like us that thought they were complete WHEN God had different plans. Thanks for emailing me "A". You made my day with your sweet email... It's a great video...ENJOY:
**that's all the energy I have left for the day...IF YOU HAVE THE ENERGY...leave me a comment with your blog address and what you are selling/giving away, etc. that can benefit your adoption..and we'll give it a shout out...just leave it in my comment box to make my life easier please!! :) We'll see if it helps....happy Monday to you all, kj
Ok...lets start the FUN....Here's the shout outs I've received so far...LL is napping so I have about 40 minutes to knock these out on here....And, someone explain to my hubby when he gets home and the house is filthy ALL the GOOD I was up to..LOL : So....here goes...check them out...and be sure to read MY COMMENTS TOO for more info...GREAT Christmas present ideas:
1. http://www.bringourangelhome.blogspot.com/ - Ordinary Hero tshirt sells plus custom Christmas cards
2. http://www.webbadoption.blogspot.com/ - OH tshirt sells plus coffee
3. http://www.blumefam.blogspot.com/ the ultimate head wrap for winter that won't mess up your child's hair...cute idea!! :)
5. http://www.little-did-i-know.blogspot.com/ Hong Kong adoption..selling necklaces
6. http://www.ourheartforadoption.blogspot.com/ personalized cake keepers (cute)!!
8. Bachman family at www.etsy.com/shop/legacymaker
9. http://www.woyheart.blogspot.com/ scripture inspired custom gallery wrapped canvases
10. http://www.redmansjourney.blogspot.com/ tshirt sells plus scrabble piece necklaces
11. http://www.lifeincary.blogspot.com/ Rwanda adoption...
12. http://www.myers-r-us.blogspot.com/ Ordinary Hero shirt sells PLUS coffee
13. http://www.familyboulton.blogspot.com/ tshirt sells for adoption of 3 yr. old with HIV
14. http://www.reevesfamily-fun.blogspot.com/ - tshirt sells
15. http://www.teammarquis.blogspot.com/ - bottle cap necklaces to raise money for orphanage in Ethiopia
16. http://www.ourlives-bice.blogspot.com/ - tshirt sells
17. http://www.jon-lindsay-andpups.blogspot.com/ Needs 971.00 more dollars to get on wait list...just sitting and waiting...Selling puzzle pieces plus tshirts
18. http://www.minus1project.blogspot.com/ got love?? Adopt apparel... totes, shirts, mugs, etc.
***Keep them coming and I'll add when I get a FREE moment from the babes (and who knows when that will be...i'll keep this up for a couple of days since I don't know HOW often i can add to the list....)kj
**Ok, i'm back...LL and George and 5 yr. old Hal are watching Max and Ruby (girls are at gymnastics with daddy) for the moment so I can do this updating...it gives me about 10 minutes..and pray LL doesn't get into anything LOL...Here goes:
20. http://www.thejourneytojillian.blogspot.com/ China special needs
21. http://www.nkclewis.blogspot.com/ Ordinary Hero sells, Christmas cards, coffee, paracord bracelets and wreaths (this fam is busy :)
22. http://www.ethiopiaminusone.blogspot.com/ tshirt sells plus working on prayer bracelets
24. http://www.onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com/ Parent/child apron sets and a give away going on...( cute aprons)
**ok, that's it for now...i'll do more as they come in and as I have quiet moments (ha..that's a joke..it's never quiet around here :) kj
* A couple of more before I close shop for the night....
25. http://www.beautifulbrowneyedgirlboutique.blogspot.com/ raising money for orphan care
26. http://www.lovinmuch.blogspot.com/ My MS peep selling bracelets..and they are beautiful..and I got one (so love it) and I think everyone needs one...:)
And...i'm done for the night...MORE tomorrow if they come in....happy tuesday to you all, kj
***Good Morning..a couple more to share...I'll be blogging something different at some point today...but i'm going to link this on my side bar for a while..so keep them coming today IF you want a shout out....kj
27. http://www.brickerfamilyblog.blogspot.com/ - huge give away going on...
28. http://www.livingtolove.com/ - tshirts at discount PLUS necklaces
**Ok, here are my final 3 for this post...i'm seeing there is a need to get FAMILIES that FUNDRAISE together...working on some ideas...here's the last 3:
29. www.coalsonadoption.blogspot.com hairbows
31. www.perpetualchange.etsy.com raising money for adoption grants and specific orphanage Perpetual Change Non profit works with...
***thanks to you ALL for working AS HARD as you are to bring the money in to bring your little ones home!! Always KNOW that God funds what he favors...and HE certainly favors adoption!! May God Bless your efforts!! kj