Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like....


....a lot like CHRISTMAS CARD SEASON!!! YAYYYYY!! I love Christmas Cards...I love sending them and receiving them...but it's the ACTUAL Christmas Card Photo Shoot that about kills me each year!! Trying to get 7 people to look at the camera and smile at the same time...well...it is impossible!! So, thank heaven I have my SWEET, FAITHFUL photographer friend KAREN HALBERT from www.karenhalbertphotography.com to take my pics...She not only DOES a GREAT job...but she's watched my family grow from day ONE...and has been a cheerleader by my side since the beginning!! We met with our first borns in car seat carrier things and set them beside each other and started chatting....Oh, and about 8 1/2 years later...we're STILL CHATTING!! :) I totally LOVE that she captured the personalities of ALL of my kids and EVEN got a GREAT family shot for my annual card...And, Yes, some of these will end up on my Christmas card...but oh well...they are TOO GOOD to not share....So here goes...enjoy:


(almost) 2 yr. old Lucy Lane

My favorite family shot:


7 year old Julia:








This is right before ALL CHAOS breaks loose...cause George wasn't about to share that truck with his little sister...Oh, the tears...then 5 yr. old hal decides he should get a turn..then all 3 younger children are crying....oh, the fun of picture day!! LOL :)

3 year old George:










5 year old Hal:






My oldest...8 year old Helen:




this is so George's personality:



Oh, how i love my babies...all 5 babies...that's 5 kids in 6 years...crazy for some...but heavenly for me!!!! :) Yes, i'm a proud momma after picture day is over and I see the results of OUR HARD WORK!! :)



*** I can't thank you enough Karen!! I will always treasure these shots!! And, since I KNOW I'm gonna get MANY emails asking me WHERE I got their outfits...Leopard dresses came from Costco...and all other shirts and skirts and such came from Target!! I totally love finding cute clothes for a bargain!! :) Your card should be in the mail soon...yes, i'm a nut and LOVE to get my cards out early...It really doesn't match my personality to do ANYTHING early..but for some reason I love to get this OFF my to do list EARLY every year!!!


**Oh, and on a side note...I leave for Ethiopia ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!! Ahhhhhhh...can't believe it!!! :) More to come on that soon...happy Wednesday to you all, kj

19 comments:

  1. It's the eve of picture day here at our house. I don't even try for a family picture - just the girls! Your pictures are beautiful and I definitely love those dresses! Too cute! Congrats on making it through the photo shoot - it is an accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! I'm a Christmas card fanatic, too---love sending and receiving! We're in the process of adopting from South Korea. I wanted to thank you for your faithfulness, because I'm friends with Alison (in Mississippi). Through her blog, I was called to adopt, and the rest is history! The ripple effect continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They came out GREAT!!!!! Your children are so beautiful. I am like you and I like to get Christmas cards out early, but we did family pictures this year and she took a month to get them back to us... oye!
    I really hope you plan on blogging while you are in Ethiopia! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Truly Stunning!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! You totally know how to rock the boots too - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful family pictures, such gorgeous kids you have!! I love the girls adorable outfits and that little George is way too cute, my George has the same personality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are AMAZINGLY ADORABLE! I know you must be one proud mama. ANd I am so happy for you (and a tad bit jealous) about your upcoming trip...oh, and I'm kinda sitting on pins and needles to hear the rest of the story.....soon, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are beautiful! How do you choose?! Love your list on the last post....wow!!! I don't know how the "linky" thing works, but it might be a good thing for you and then people can do all the work on your blog for you!! I am sure someone could help you with that! :) Thanks for all you do on behalf of the orphans!!!!
    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww!! I LOVE these pictures! Ya'll got some great ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures!!!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! And I love the pictures of your boys - I just want to pinch their little cheeks! =0) Blessings to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Those are amazing. With such a beautiful family I don't know how you could get a bad picture though!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pictures! emmie definitely has the blue polka dot dress. and if we had a costco, we would own the leopard dresses too!

    SO excited for your trip. do you think you could find the project 61 girl we sponsor at korah?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a gorgeous family! The pictures are definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh kristi...love the photos..so beautiful and your friend did a great job! makes me even more excited for our first family christmas photo shoot coming up next sat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful family...all of you look so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful family! all of you look so stinkin' cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous family! All the hard work did pay off big! we're waiting to get our pics back...I'm a huge Christmas card fan too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!