Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Big Announcement.....

Yes, you've ALL guessed correctly...I guess it wasn't really all that hard to figure out.....WE'RE ADOPTING AGAIN!!! I'm overjoyed, excited, in love and beyond grateful to BE ON THIS JOURNEY AGAIN!!! This journey will look a little different than our last one...Why?? Because I've already met our son...I've already loved on him, kissed on him and whispered in his ear, "Momma is here!!" So....let me proudly introduce our NEW SON to the crazy blog world.... Here is our child #6 - "Wes":Finding Wes on our trip was nothing short of another God miracle in our lives....The above picture was the first picture I took of this precious little boy, not knowing yet that he didn't have a family.... ( He was a "waiting child"..meaning...NO one was signed up for HIS circumstances). I simply took that picture because I saw a little one sitting there staring at me and I thought he was precious...Little did I know....HE WAS OUR SON!!
Above, he is sitting with all his little buddies (in the yellow shirt)..and again...I hadn't heard yet that he didn't have a family..that he had "special needs" that met no ones criteria.....BUT...oh, when i found out HE was "waiting" I couldn't get to him and scoop him up fast enough.....
It was seriously THAT SIMPLE!! I loved him from the first second I picked him up.....He's around 12months old (about 12 months younger than LL) .....Yes, I know God orchestrated every detail...We had arrived in Ethiopia...we didn't even have time to shut our eyes...and we were heading south for a 7 hr. drive.....We visited a couple of other orphanages first...then we stopped and went off road a while to meet LL's birth family...and then ON a little further south TO THIS PARTICULAR orphanage!!! All the timing could have ONLY happened by God being in control!! Seriously...in the first 24 hrs. in Ethiopia...my entire life had changed!! I had just met the MOST INCREDIBLE family ever that shared so many details about my daughter, and their joy and happiness and Christian hearts would have been enough to say the TRIP WAS A HUGE SUCCESS...but...to only drive a short ways away..and WHAM...I meet our future son!! TALK ABOUT EMOTIONAL!! It just all seemed too good to be true!! God had TOLD ME I MUST GO ON THIS TRIP....I KNEW HE HAD BIG THINGS PLANNED....I just never dreamed they'd happen ALL in the first 24 hrs. i was in country!! Wow...yes, I was on cloud 9!! :)
One of the neatest God confirmations was the fact that we had just minutes before left the "P" family!!!! The "P" family is LL's birth family's last name....They ALL have the last name "P"!! THEN...I was holding our NEW son...loving on him...when I realized I didn't even KNOW HIS ETHIOPIAN NAME....SO, I walked up to the orphanage director and asked his name....He said, "His name is "P"!! I got chills ALL OVER!! I just sat there quiet!! REALLY?? His name is "P"!! I looked at someone standing beside me and said, "That's my daughter's given LAST NAME!!! " Ok, God...I get it...You're knocking my socks off here...Praising YOU, Praising YOU, Praising YOU!!!
I carried around Little "P" who we'll call "Wes" (we'll use his Ethiopian name "P" as his middle name) for the rest of that day..... We then had to stay at a hotel in the south...and we visited again first thing the next morning....I spotted "P" right away and scooped him back up as quickly as I could!! I then held him the rest of that morning too!! He quickly started "taking" to me and would fuss or cry if I even tried to pull him "away" from my body....Even one of the workers there said, "He likes you already!!" .....I said, "yes, I know...because he's my son!!"
You see...God knitted our hearts together BEFORE I even KNEW of him...I've always KNOWN we had a son in Ethiopia...I just wasn't sure HOW I would ever get to him....My hubby felt complete with "5" and I knew "someone" was missing!! For a year and a half, I've prayed for this boy!! I've prayed for my hubby's heart to be able to take on ONE MORE CHILD!! I've even had dreams of "our son" in Ethiopia...knowing we'd get to him some day some how!! I can ONLY explain it as....God put it on my heart...and I therefore KNEW we had a son!!

**It was my husband WHO decided OUT OF THE CLEAR BLUE SKY that I had to go on this trip with my sister...(God answering my prayers) and he clearly said, "It's a GOD thing...I know you are suppose to go!!" I knew in my heart that it wasn't to only meet LL's birth family..that GOD had more in store... and I clearly prayed, "God, if this isn't YOUR PLAN for our family...then please don't let there be a little guy "waiting" in ANY orphanage we go into!" BUT HE WAS THERE!! Just as if he was sitting and waiting on me to arrive!! And, thankfully, my husband gave me "his blessing" on #6 BEFORE i left....Praise God!! It couldn't have worked out ANY MORE PERFECTLY...because God's timing is ALWAYS PERFECT....
As you can see in the above and below pics that my sister snapped....I held little "p" until he was fast asleep in my arms...and then everyone announced it was time to go....
I prayed over our sweet boy and asked God to PLEASE protect him and help him grow...because as you can see...he's VERY tiny...He's malnourished...and he's weak!! I know once he's in my arms..I'll have NO PROBLEM fattening him up...but until then....HE needs our prayers to grow and become strong...strong enough to STAY healthy until we can get back to bring him home....(and that's certainly NOT all the health issues we'll be dealing with)Oh, the pain of handing him back over.....I kissed him, told him I loved him...and that I'd be back...And, this sweet, beautiful, Ethiopian woman took him from my arms...where he'll stay UNTIL the day we return to bring him into our family for good....
Folks, he was precious!!! I think about him all the time..his tiny little body...how he grew to like me over the two days we were there...his big beautiful eyes that would just stare at me... I seriously can't wait to bring him into our family!! The kids are so excited...and even LL says, "I want my baby brother!!" Seriously, we don't even know where she learned it...but she's said it several times.... His story is not that different than LL's..and they are even from the same area....ALL the great details to CREATE a special bond for the two of them growing up... A BOND and a relationship that I know God had planned on from the beginning!!

***Well, as yall know...we have LOTS of hurdles to jump...he's new to the orphanage...so I now know that birth moms change their minds (remember we lost a referral before getting Lucy Lane) and this mother could do the same. If he ends up being a stepping stone to get to the child God intended us to have...then I know now that I'll survive....BUT...I pray every day...THAT THIS WILL BE OUR SON!! God KNOWS how it will all end...So, I'm just trying to "sit" back and "patiently" (ha) enjoy the ride!! Cause my hubby says "6 is it!!" :) Ok, Ok, I hear ya hubby...just don't send me on any more "mission" trips to Ethiopia!! Cause I don't come back EMPTY HANDED!!!! :)

***So, we are proudly signed with CCI (Celebrate Children Int.) for our 6th child...a son!! My dossier is DONE!! (can yall believe it?? I've been running like mad :) and our last homestudy visit is TOMORROW!!! :) Then, I have to get state seals, authenticate it all...then WHAM...I'm in line for a court date!! The hubby will travel for our first court date by himself....then I'll go for PICK UP!! Lots of "bumps" i'm sure to still come...but praying God's Hand is all over this and he's home soon!!! :) So......we've been known in this adoption blog world for "we love our lucy"....but NOW we're also, "WAITING ON WES!!!!" :) (i need one of those button things you can grab,huh!! )

***THANKS for all your love, support and prayers....we're gonna need them....as we become a family of 8!! :) (and then our family is complete...our family is complete...our family is complete....the hubby wants me to keep practicing saying that :)

Happy New Years 2011!! It's gonna be a GREAT year!! kj


88 comments:

  1. Praise God!!!!! What a beautiful plan He has in creating families!!!! Please pray for us as well (God is leading us again).

    It is just so very cool how God worked this out!!!! Only God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family and baby Wes. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He is beautiful and will be the perfect addition to your gorgeous family!! I love the name Wes-our middle child is Wesley-and our daughter's Ethiopian name is Helen which we fell in love with-we were having a tough time with girl names so it was perfect!!
    Praying you get a court date soon and this guy is back in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 is a great number! So is having 6 kiddos. :)

    Email me a pic that doesn't have a heart covering his little precious face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi,

    I can't stop crying reading this post. I am so happy for you and so happy for this little boy! Thank you for sharing your trip with us and your journey to Wes!

    What is the process with Ethiopia as far as how long it takes for this little guy to be available for adoption after he's taken to the orphanage, or is there no time frame?

    What a sweet sweet baby...

    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you guys.He is so precious!
    Love
    Jill
    www.campfunk.blogspot.com
    We are coming on 6 months here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh this is so amazing! Rejoicing with you! CONGRATS! Praying for your family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for your family!! I am praying for Sweet Wes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been following you blog for a while and it brings a deep smile that you've found this beautiful boy. Your family is in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO excited for you and your family! What a beautiful example you are for adovcating for those who can't advocate for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! amazing God filled story...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! Oh what JOY! I just love, love, love how God orchestrates details down to the timing. So perfect! Praying for a quick journey to bring Wes home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting news!! Congratulations. He is precious. Maybe your husband will let you foster so you can have little ones around for years to come :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy that God led you right to Wes. He's in every detail and I love that!! I wonder if He will lead us to a little boy in the future. Praying that it all goes quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for you all!!!! Baby Wes is in my prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I love to see that there is a "fast track" to get these kids into a such a loving home. Praying for a quick rest of the process for Wes to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an incredible story only written by the hand of God!!!! I am covered in chills and just so excited for you and your sweet family!! God is so busy, isn't He???? Wes is so blessed to be folded into you family and I can't wait to watch your story unfold in 2011!! and your Dossier is finished???!!!! You Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhh!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Oh, such FUN, FUN news!!! Definitely praying with you along the journey!!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is great news! Congrats! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is wonderful news! I HOPE that we will get to adopt again (ha! we haven't even finished this one!) I can't wait to see how God works it all out for you. We will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have always known you would adopt again! I knew your heart wasn't done. I can tell from the pictures how beautiful he is! Congrats!! I am so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So exciting!!!! His eyes are beautiful...i am excited to follow along on your new journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. Exciting, amazing, God-orchestrated, incredible, touching, wow. Congratulations doesn't even touch it! So excited for you Kristi!!!! Cheering you on to get that little man home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing story! We'll be PRAYING for your sweet baby boy and that you get a super fast court date! Welcome to CCI, as you already know, Sue is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So amazing Kristi! I can't wait to follow along on your second adoption. I hope it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! Wes looks like such a precious little guy! Praying that there AREN'T many bumps in the road to bringing him home!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! I had a feeling this is what your announcement was, and I'm so excited for you and your family! I can't wait to see how this unfolds... A very Happy New Year indeed! What a precious boy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rejoicing with you over God's miraculous ways!!! Can't wait to watch your newest journey unfold. To Him be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy for you all! Little Wes will be home before you know it! We will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all the details. I know I have already told you, but I am so happy for your family! I am praying for little Wes.
    Much love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  31. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am a BIT EXCITED for you??? I could almost jump out of my skin!!!!! He is sooooo ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! PRAYING that you are able to bring him home soon!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. YAAAAY! So happy for you and your whole family, kristi!!!!!
    congrats and HAPPY new year!
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  33. love it!!! can't wait to watch it all unfold!!! god is sooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kristi...
    I have been reading your blog for several months now. In fact, little Lucy Lane's video touched us so much as we were praying about whether God was calling us to adopt. Needless to say, we are beginning the process this week with AGCI to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia! We are SO excited, and I am so excited for you familiy. How wonderful!!! I hope to meet you in February at the Created to Care retreat, if you are going to be there! Congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an amazing story! I am so happy for your family!!!! God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Wes is just absolutely PRECIOUS!!! I am just so excited for ya'll!!! Praise God! It definitely sounds like God is orchestrating every detail!! Can't wait to watch ya'll on your journey to bring Wes home!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. AMAZING!!!!

    I also plan on returning to Ethiopia this summer when my friend is there to bring her 2 children home. I'm hoping to be able to travel down to the rural region where Lily came from and see her birth mother again. OH I want another little boy so bad...but girl I can't keep anything straight with the 4 I have...maybe God will work that out too before then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Kristi....
    What wonderful news! I have been following your blog for about 6 or 8 months..and I had a "feeling" God was up to something with your family! I will be praying for Wes and your family! What a blessing!!! Hope to "meet" you at the retreat in February!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats Kristi!! So happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome. I love the God who is knocking your socks off!!! All the details, all the excitement, and all the Lord's plans - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. YAY!! Tears of joy flowing for you! Love, Linda (Elly - Ally Kat's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  42. YAY, Kristi!!!! What an incredible story!!! I can't wait to see how God directs every little detail of it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! It is so exciting to watch God work. Your Lucy Lane adoption inspired me, now I have my own China baby! I can't wait to follow this journey too. I will be praying for you guys.

    Ashley Fairley
    Gadsden, AL

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, amazing, congratulations. I can't believe how fast this is all happening. I love your heart- and your husband's!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I sit here in awe of what God has done! I just keep smiling and crying. Your entire family will be in my prayers until you are all together where you belong! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is so wonderful and exciting! I love how God delights in knocking our socks off. He loves to stun us! Congratulations to your sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congratulations. I'm pretty sure I knew you would find him on this trip. I'm praying for a smooth adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations! I was so hoping this would be your news. Little Wes is so precious! I'm so excited for you! Your family will be in my prayers. We're getting ready to travel for court in 3 weeks and can't wait to meet our little 6 month old. What a journey this has been! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow... my heart is with you, your family and your baby boy ! Praise the Lord!!!

    I still remember one of the post you wrote during Hallowin is your son Hal found a extra pumpkin and placed it at the bottom of the stair, and said it was for his new little brother from Ethopia. That photo is so precious !!!

    Will keep your family and Baby Wes in my prayer!

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congratulations!!!! So excited for your beautiful family! We used CCI too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Not surprised!! It wasn't a matter of if...it was just a matter of who on this trip. :) Oh I just love how God orchestrates everything....He delights to dance over us and shower us with his love. Wes is so tiny and so precious. Can't wait to see this journey unfold. Praying about adoption more too for our own family.

    ReplyDelete
  52. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an amazing journey you have been on! Praying for a speedy process for you. Can't wait to follow along as you welcome baby Wes home.

    ReplyDelete
  53. There is NOTHING like obediance! Excited...humbled....encouraged! Way to go on that Dossier! Awesome! Excited to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! SUCH GREAT "HAPPY NEW YEARS" NEWS! I just KNEW it! SOOOOOO HAPPY for you guys! Although I had a feeling you were adopting again, I had NO IDEA what an amazing God story it would be! He looks so precious! Will begin the prayers for little Wes now! (Wes is on our list of boy names too!....we are 5 months DTE!) Blessings to you and your family! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am a crying wreck!
    Heading over to email me you on the side!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  56. I KNEW IT!!! So excited you already met your son and can't wait to see him come home to you all. Congratulations!!! I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to watch your family grow. God is so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. tears as I read this! I am so excited, so happy...those are not even good enough words to describe how happy I am that God is placing that precious child of His into your family! What a precious little boy! Oh how I long to start adoption #2 already so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh my word! I am so thrilled for your family! That is incredible. Adoption is something that is really on my heart and I pray with all my heart that is in the future for my family! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congratulations!

    I've been following your blog for the longest time, and I've always been inspired by your family's story. I'm also adopting a child from Ethiopia (as a single parent). My file has been there for almost two years now (DTE February 27, 2009), and I'm still likely a year or two from referral/court/travel (it takes ALOT longer to adopt from Canada than from the US; it didn't help that my adoption agency went bankrupt in July 2009 - it has since been restructured and is back in business). Sometimes, when it seems this journey will never end, I visit your blog, and I'm filled with optimism again.

    I wish little Wes a speedy homecoming!

    Nicole Bellefleur
    Prince Edward Island, Canada (If you'd like to follow my blog, message me for an invitation - nmbellefleur@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  60. congratulations!! i am so happy happy happy for you, your family, (especially your NEW SON!) and for those around you, who your positive influence i'm sure affects in many ways!
    all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love it! I love every single thing about it! Congrats to the entire Johnson family and to sweet baby Wes. May every crooked place be made smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  62. OH so delighted to hear your news, and I will be praying for Baby Wes and for your family as you wait to bring him home. Praise God for such clear leading and amazing timing, etc. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  63. So amazing, congratulations!!! Praying he comes home very quickly! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Congratulations Kristi, so overjoyed for you! I know how badly you wanted another one, praying that the process goes quickly.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  65. Oh my goodness! I love following your blog. And I'm so excited for you guys! I was just crying seeing the pictures. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  66. How awesome is God! I will be saying prayers for your family and little Wes. Congratulations on #6!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Total goosebumps and JOY reading this post! Congrats, and I pray for a lot of peace during this wait. When you know. . . you KNOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Congrats..what exciting news. I will say prayers that Wes grows strong and healthy until you are united again.

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOW! Thrilled for you and your family. Praying for a smooth and swift process to bring sweet Wes HOME.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful in every way! God's ways are amazing when we trust Him. Can't wait until you have your son in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh my goodness! SO SO exciting! I sobbed as I read this, LOVE how God moved and is moving in your life! :) Can't wait to see your journey unfold!
    Blessings
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  72. So excited to see this journey unfold! Praying for your family and little Wes.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Congrats Kristi!
    SO excited for you guys!
    We're hoping to adopt a child from Ethiopia this year too! :-)

    Layla Palmer
    TheLetteredCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  74. I am speechless... truly speechless. God's plan is absolutely beautiful!! tears as I read your story and saw the beautiful pictures of your first meeting. Wow, and your dossier already done!!! You now have a little guy you are fighting for, which definitely pushes you to get that thing cracked out! I need to hear how you did it so quickly for our next go-round!! :) Praying that time just flies now as you wait on your court date and more updates. Just thrilled for you and your family, and precious Wes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Yahooeee! Congratulations to Daddy, Mama, and Kiddo's! Blessings to you all!!!! MamaBear :o)

    ReplyDelete
  76. WOW! WOW!! WOW!! Soooooo thrilled for your family! What an adventure the Lord is leading you on!! He is just precious and I'll be praying for protection over him and peace in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  77. i can't believe it. Yes I can. we just started the paperwork last week to adopt another little one. I am so happy for you and envious that you have your paperwork completed:) Not sure what we need to do next. waiting for aplication from Gladney. Can you believe that we were on the same timeline with Lucy and Bella and now are again?

    ReplyDelete
  78. Soo happy for you all! It is so lovely for LL to have another little one in her family that 'looks' like her and how amazing from the same village! They are probably related as from my time in Africa everyone from the village was a cousin or 2nd cousin of each other.
    How wonderful for all your kids to have another baby to love-and to you and your husband too.
    What are the next steps? Is it different as you have a baby in mind already?

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hi!

    I recently discovered your blog through a mutual friends'. Just wanted to stop in and say hey! Your Lucy Lane video is very inspirational and I posted it on my blog a while back..hope it's okay. :) Can't wait to hear of your newest adoption...I hope to adopt from Ethiopia someday too.

    I look forward to following you!

    ~Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  80. So excited for your family and for Wes. Praying for your family as I think of it. Love your story and how wonderful God is! He is amazing. Thank you for inspiring so many families, including ours, and for giving our kids love while you were there finding your son!

    ReplyDelete
  81. How exciting! Praising God for working out the details and trusting He will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  82. That is such a beautiful story, it gave me chills! Congratulations to your family. We are in the Ethiopian adoption process and just received a referral for our precious baby girl in December!! After going through ALL of that paperwork and waiting, I have to ask...how did THAT happen for you? I keep hearing of people that go to Ethiopia for missions trips and find their child there. How does that work??? And how in the world did you get your dossier completed so fast? LOL! I am very impressed. And curious. I would LOVE it if something like that happened to us one day. Please God! LOL! Congrats again!!!!

    candacejones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  83. i haven't been reading any blogs lately, so i'm late in coming to this party, but i am so happy to celebrate with you!!! how beautiful that you have another ethiopian on the way!!! now it's my hubby's turn to hop on board. :) so thrilled for you and that dear little wes! ll is gonna be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  84. OH MY WORD! Karen told me about it today and I had to come read for myself! Congratulations! I can't BELIEVE you did that dossier in 3 weeks. You must not have slept!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Could your story unfold any more perfectly?!?! Seriously!!!! =) GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!! ALL the time!!! Praising Him for your Wes! Can't wait to see gotcha day #2! Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  86. So excited for you! My boys (age 1 and 2) are in the same orphanage and we're waiting for a court date. You and Kelly actually delivered packages to them that day. Excited to have boys of similar ages from the same orphanage. Praying for a smooth road home for all our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  87. oh Kristi! just read your post about Wes and I'm crying my eyes out! so fabulous and so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I am seriously in tears as I read this post. I will be praying for you and your sweet little one waiting for you across the world. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!