Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Amazing Email and Video....

***I just must share this amazing email I got yesterday!! It completely blows my mind and humbles me when I receive things like this. I/we are completely undeserving of such GREATNESS in our lives!! All I can do after receiving such things is go to prayer and THANK the LORD for allowing us to LIVE THIS LIFE..and THANK HIM for MAKING the ripple effect continue..... All Glory To GOD!!!! I pray someone else watches this tonight and allows God to break their hearts for what breaks HIS:

"Hey Kristi! I just wanted to let you know that I posted our gotcha video http://vimeo.com/16792977 and that we shared our journey to Markos at our church this morning. Almost EXACTLY 1 year ago is when I saw your gotcha video and I emailed you question after question, only to find the Lord continually opening our hearts as you responded quickly and honestly about YOUR experiences. You probably have a ton of emails just like this one but I had to let you know that our family is eternally grateful to yours for blazing the trail, for sharing your story, and for helping those behind you find our way. The last time we shared our journey, we were in the midst of the process and we shared YOUR gotcha video with everyone. Today, we shared ours and it's amazing to think that God knew all along how this was all going to play out and that our little Markos would fit so perfectly into our family. Although we've never met, I feel like you are "family" and I do hope one day we will meet face-to-face and that 2-year-old Markos and now 2-year-old Lucy Lane will be forever friends too!
Blessings to you,
Kristin




Markos Gotcha Video from Kristin on Vimeo.

**Happy Tuesday to you all, kj

11 comments:

  1. Yea! I got my first "because of your blog, our family has decided to adopt from Ethiopia" email last week and I tell you, I was dancing on the ceiling. I did think, this is how Kristi feels regularly!! GREAT FEELING to be used by God to help ransom an orphan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, Miss Kristy, here is another one for you. It is all because of you that my family is 3 months DTE AND that some of my family is in Ethiopia at this very moment! Hop on over to Olive Shoots and Muddy Boots and take a look. I have been meaning to email and say a huge ol' THANK YOU. This ride just keeps twisting and turning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW!!! We are leaving in TWO days to meet our little girl and she will have three brothers anxiously waiting for her to come home. I LOVE this video--it gives such great light as to what we can expect. SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ripple effect! Glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yet another family touched by yours...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic video. I usually just read your posts.

    This video makes the wait for a court date hard... It was going well, but now I just want a date!!!!!!!!!!
    Hopeful Mom-- of Two Amazing Biological Siblings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Lucy!!!!! Yes...just catching up on blogland :)

    Love the video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristi,
    I love your blog and you are such an inspiration. Telling you journey is one of the reasons that I am led to advocate for orphans and widows in Ethiopia. Would you please consider looking at a fundraiser I am involved in with my niece through Children's Hope Chest to raise money for a barn and cows at Trees of Glory, a day center. We would love for you to mention the fundraiser and link it if you feel comfortable with it. Thank you again for being such an inspiration.

    http://lifewhileimwaiting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh kristi, you would LOVE kristin. we were in the same travel group this summer and got to spend two weeks in ethiopia with her and markos. i so hope the two of you get to meet someday. see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this awesome video! You have certainly touched the lives of many! We first saw your gotcha day video when starting our adoption path. The path has been curvy and taken longer than expected but we are excited to have completed our home study. We started with Ethiopia then for various reasons switched to domestic trans racial after reading a post by you and your sister highlighting the enormous need for families willing to adopt "fully African American children". Your willingness to share your journey is a true blessing!

    Our "we passed our home study video" is:

    http://blissandbumps.blogspot.com/2010/10/we-have-exciting-news.html

    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!