Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Has Finally Sprung!!!

Oh, how it makes this Momma HAPPY to finally have warm weather and 5 little children running outside barefoot!! Yes, we're from Kentucky and live in Tennessee, so children around these parts are found "barefoot" most of the time!!! :)Well, my little Ethiopian Princess had forgotten that she had NOT worn shoes for the first year of her life...I seriously didn't put shoes on her until almost her 1st bday....She also wasn't walking last time it was warm around here...so she found herself in a LITTLE shock when I placed her in the grass yesterday BAREFOOT!!! She immediately plopped herself down and refused to walk on the dry, dead looking stuff.......... She pointed to her favorite car because she wanted it SOOO badly...but she just wasnt' quite sure HOW she was going to get over there to it.....
Above, we have her having a conversation with her feet whether or not they are going to walk on this stuff or not..........

"Hmmmmmm....Is it worth it??? Should I cry?? Hmmmmmm......"
"Ok...this is kind of funny after all................."
"Ok, I give up...I'm up and giving it a try EVEN IF I don't like it one bit...."

"OK, so it isn't all that bad.....I even found a dead leaf in my car!!!! "

And, then she REALLY got the hang of it and ran all over the back yard....WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY????? I now have this toddler that can even climb on and off a 4-wheeler by herself....crazy BIG girl!!!

I found myself Praising God all day for the beautiful weather!! We stayed outside all day long....Cousin Nathan was over playing too which totally keeps everyone entertained!! I even took all 6 kids out to eat lunch by myself...I think my Helen counted 8 PEOPLE that stopped at our table to ask, "Are all these children YOURS?" "Mam, you are BRAVE!" and my favorite of course, "Mam, I just had to stop and tell you...your children are so well behaved...are they all yours?" I think people just give the compliment out so they don't feel so bad about asking IF THEY ARE ALL MINE!! :) LOL I left everyone confused when I said "NO...only 5 of them are mine..." You could see them trying to figure out WHICH 5 were mine!! :) too funny!! :) (cousin Nathan is also adopted from Ethiopia...just an fyi for anyone NEW around here :)
**So, the TRUTH is..I bribed them ALL with a cookie to sit still and use their good manners while we ate out!! :) It works like a charm!! :)
***Happy Spring to you all...hope you are getting this fabulous 70 degree weather where ever you may be!! And TRY going barefoot...it is fabulous!! Happy Tuesday to you all, kj

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and too funny about LL not wanting to touch the grass. I can't wait until we can see some grass here in MN. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!!! LL looks so cute trying to figure out if she's okay being barefoot! haha Thanks for sharing ... makes me long (even more) for the day when we have our little man home with us. Not too far, though ... we just got our number yesterday!!! : ): )

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pic of ll looking down at her curled up toes on the crunchy grass. i love all her expressions! too bad no one paid for your meal this time. i don't think i commented on that post, but i LOVED it! i also love your "only 5 of them" reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! I'm so happy warm weather is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny. He he he- yep the famous question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are loving this weather also! Smart about the cookie bribery! :)
    Glad Lucy decided to try out the grass barefoot - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh.... my day is complete. Finally a LL fix! :) She's like a little Ethiopian love drug! LOL TFS, glad you are having fabulous weather. It's finally starting to warm up around Missouri, but not near warm enough to be barefoot yet! We're just finally getting rid of the snow....yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeay, Spring!! We are springing along with you!
    Love the curly toes:)
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! I am so impressed you took them all out by yourself. Even with the cookie bribe, that's impressive that they did so well! :-)

    I remember Owen not liking grass at first either. Looks like Lucy Lane adjusted much faster than he did to it!! What a precious baby girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE being in bare feet-even went out today in my bare feet even though our yard is FULL of roofing nails form our fun times this winter!! Love Lucy's little face!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kylie was the same way! She still kinda freaks at first barefoot in the grass, and shes 2 and 1/2! So stinkin' cute! Much Love! Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable post. I cannot get enough of Lucy Lane. We still use your famous line to respond to all those "You've got your hands full" comments. When we reply with, "Yes, but you should see my heart!" They stop the staring and start smiling!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I for one am SO glad that spring is arriving here in middle TN! My girls have been sooo ready to drive around on their bikes and scooters for months! Thanks for sharing the pics of Lucy Lane enjoying the weather! She's beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute Post!!! It's funny because it has been on the mid to upper 40's here in WI and I has seen people in there shorts, tank tops and so on...40 is sooo warm for us!!! LOL. Kristi, I have to say this now that Lucy Lane is growing up you may want to get a baby boy form ET. I just HAD to say it...I would love to read that post next:)Just an idea...LOL. Happy Spring to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Kentucky shout outs!! Go Cats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are the cutest pictures! I love the one that looks like she's thinking about it. :) My girls played outside all day Sunday.....they've missed the nice weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally remember last summer Tess would not have it w/ the sand at the beach or the grass...until she saw she could splash in the water, then she figured it was totally worth it! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chubby little curled up toes! What a beautiful baby doll!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!