Monday, March 22, 2010

Cousin #15 Arrives Today....

Oh, MY...HOW I LOVE NEW BORN BABIES!!!!!! Today, my youngest sister, Karson, delivered her second son!! I wouldn't have missed it for anything....so I packed up my 3 younger kiddos (my two girls were at school..and my hubby graciously said he'd pick them up from school so I wouldn't have to rush back) and headed to KENTUCKY!!!!!!! If you are new around here....I come from a BIG CRAZY family...one of the reasons 5 little kids doesn't stress me...I grew up with it!! :) Above, you have the "4 sisters" last week taking my sister Karson out to eat BEFORE her big delivery day arrived today....I drove 2 1/2 hrs. last week to make this fun dinner, and all the laughs (and a few tears) made it SO worth it !!!! :) BUT, today was the big day we've been waiting for...the day Cousin #15 arrived for my kids!!! They were all so excited!!!
I had to wake my 2 sleeping babies to get them in the car early to make the scheduled c-section.....We started the day off pretty well.....We make it to the hospital in Kentucky on time...LL has a few chips for breakfast and we ALL anxiously await for Baby Drew to arrive.....

ABOVE, we have the 3 sisters waiting for our new nephew....I'm sporting my new http://www.longingforafrica.com/ tshirt....and my sister Kelly, in the middle, is sporting her new http://www.ordinaryheroblog.blogspot.com/ tshirt....just an fyi!!! My sister Kasey asked me if I could PLEASE wear something other than "orphan/adoption" tshirts every once in a while!!!!! Hmmmmmm, NO!!! I'm totally addicted to them!!! :)
ABOVE...here I am as things started going DOWN HILL FAST!!! My babies with NO good breakfast, NO SLEEP (they both were up a lot last night), and trapped in the hospital...were quickly falling apart...............as the above picture shows on their faces :)
If you can read the above sign, it says, "QUIET...NICU Babies sleeping"....Well, we quickly got asked to leave...our crew was bothering the babies.....IMAGINE THAT!!! :)

Finally, Baby Drew arrives (just in time before all "you know what" broke loose from my two little ones)......What a precious new born!!! He was only 6lb.s and 6oz., just a little peanut...but perfect!!! And, above you see big brother Braden looking on AND Proud Daddy holding his new son!!! OH, what a miracle moment!!! Yall would have to know me to know that I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!!! I love getting the first positive pregnancy test, I LOVE GAINING WEIGHT (I gained 80lbs. in my last pregnancy), I love being miserable and in pain the whole pregnancy from getting too big for my body frame, I love c-sections (seriously, never took one pain medication with any of my sections), AND, i love a wrinkled little squirmy new born!! I even love my stay in the hospital...I think it is all just so much fun!! I never experienced an ounce of "baby blues"...and always hit the ground running with my babies strapped to my big swollen body.....Oh, so much fun!!! See...that was WHY the adoption of LL was so easy for me....It was the BEST I ever looked or felt with a new baby in the house!!! Adoption is fabulous on the old figure, you know!!! :)

And, finally, Baby Drew made it to the nursery for some heat and rest!!! I left the hospital with a screaming (very loudly) one and two year old!!! You've never heard such chaos!!! BUT, the truth is...I even LOVE the toddler stage...They just had "enough" for the day..and needed a break away!! I don't blame them!! :) See....every stage of this game is a BLESSING...it is just up to US to see it that way!!! :)

FAVORITE COMMENT OF THE DAY: My newly 5 yr. old Hal said, "MOM, when Aunt Karson "adopts" her baby today...how old will he be??" Then once at the hospital Hal says looking in the window at the babies in the nursery, "MOM, LOOK, there's another adopted baby over there!" Isn't it great that there really IS NOT a difference to kids!!

***Welcome to the world Baby Drew....And, Happy Monday to you all, kj

17 comments:

  1. So sweet! Congrats Auntie! He is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a blessing to have such a large family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And I'm with you on the toddler stage...I LOVE my toddler! I love where she is right now in life! So stinkin' cute and very interested in learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww how sweet! I love new babies! My kids have no idea that there is any real difference to adoption or giving birth either. My 7 year old thinks everyone has an adoption day! My kids also think you can choose the gender of your next kid -they want a sister this time. Congrats to your family. Each child is a blessing no matter how they enter our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet pictures! I admire your dedication to your sister!!! Three LOs in a hospital is a lot for any mama to handle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world baby boy! I have had 2 c-secs and love your attitude toward them and gaining weight. I gained a ton with Anderson and it took me a year to get off. Grrr... but he is soooo worth it. I have to say, I am a tiny bit thrilled that with our Leah, I will have all the yummy babyness and none of the weight. lol :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness - what an adorable little bundle! Congratulations!!! :) I can tell you're a WONDERFUL Mommy and Auntie and Sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being an auntie again. It's so much fun. :-D And I love the comments from Hal. So precious and I love that children don't see the difference. Us adults could take so much guidance from those little ones. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Hal said is just SO precious!!

    Oh, and I have a question for you about the Longing for Africa t-shirt. How does it fit? Like a regular t-shirt or snug? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure what size to get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love new babies too! I get so excited when I find out people are pregnant.

    There are 4 sisters in my family and they are my best friends. Can't wait to see them having their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing, and love that comment. Children are fun- at every age- I would trade it for the world! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations,
    I love new little babies! And wow 15 grandkids, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!!! Awesome news....LOVE Hal's comment...just melts my heart. And, NOOOOO pain meds...are u crazy girl? You are one strong chic!!! Thanks for the wonderful post and pics.
    Have a great evening:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Sweet!! Congratulations to the entire "crew" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this post touched me, Kristi--your love and joy...the sweetness of family...--I'm laughing and crying--and amening those tender, tender new baby days--I loved it all TOO --need me some more! Give all your babies squeezes from Miss GG!! Love, Gillian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!