Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Know You ARE In Africa When.....

You know you are in Africa when you wake in the morning and FIND this guy sitting on your couch in the guest home!! I walked down with Wes on my hip..rounded the corner and this monkey guy was sitting on the couch in our guest home. Yes, i screamed...he jumped onto the kitchen table...sat on the morning dishes...flipped over every coffee cup looking inside each one...I ran out the front door attempting to find the staff to help get him OUT...They got him out...but WHAT a way to GET your adrenaline going in the morning...LOL... We've also spotted him in the garbage out back...helen wanted her pic taken with him....

But...more importantly...let me show yall some cuteness....Oh, how we love this little guy:


People...he's just so sweet and wonderful!! He could barely pull up the first night i had him...just hardly enough strength to do it...and today he can pull up like a champ...crews up and down everything..and he's even letting go and standing...AND..helen got him to take some steps towards me today....He'll be walking in no time...Especially once we get his Rickets from his malnutrition healed..he'll be on his way!! Praise God!! He's just loving being mobile!!



I've also enjoyed my friend Jaime and Murray being with us...they are headed home right now with their Dinks in arm...They live right down the road from us...so much fun:


A shout out to the Chapman family that hung with us this week...They brought their 9 year old daughter too..Helen had so much fun with her...They adopted a toddler from Wes's orphanage...The girls had fun carrying around their babies together....




A little family pic....Wish the rest of my fam was in the pic:


We enjoyed taking Wes to some authentic Ethiopian dancing....Helen LOVED watching it all...She wants to go back before we leave town: My little man in his cute clothes....He's still in 3-6 month clothes...and I had to roll down these pants....crazy how small he is...My fingers overlap on the fattest part of his arm....






Bonding...Wow..it has gone great. I will have to say....WE LOVE EACH OTHER!! Yes, he already prefers me to ANYONE!! The nannies in the guest home love to pick him up...he now cries and reaches for me...He won't even let helen carry him with out fussing now...He gives me the best squeezes and just pats my back. He's just precious...HE truly never cries unless i take something away from him (like a knive at the kitchen table) or when he's mad that i'm changing his diaper again.... One tip for those adopting children that have been malnourished: keep a constant flow of food going....I read about this and how it brings them comfort..So..our guy is NEVER with out bottle or food in hand...It's kept him so calm and he quickly realized that he'd never have to go hungry with momma....Food was constantly there!! He seriously loves his bottle!!


He also got his first bath and loved it....he was so cute splashing in the water!


Things really couldn't be going better!! He's jus wonderful and I can't wait to get him home to our other 4 littles...they are just going to die over him!! He smiles all the time and laughs at everything...He is so easily tickled and he's into grabbing everything...very inquisitive little boy!!


**So, i've had lots of issues with internet...Happy Mother's Day to you all if I dont' get back on tomorrow...but i'll try!! What a wonderful mother's day gift to have my new babe in my arms...but i'll be missing having all 8 of us together...but we can celebrate when i get home..just a couple of days late!! :) Happy Saturday to you all, kj

16 comments:

  1. All 8. Wow. That's gonna be fun sight to see!! SO glad he's lovin' his new momma. I'm sure you are sad to see your entire travel group go home, but know that your time is near!! Hang in there!! Tell Helen we love seeing her all the way across the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes is beyond adorable! He should be able to hold his own with Lucy Lane. :)
    He looks so healthy and happy compared to that first picture you showed on the blog a few months ago.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what LL thinks of Wes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi he's so beautiful!:) Congratulations and God bless you guys as you start this new journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful boy!! ahh, I can't wait to see his homecoming pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hilarious start to the day!!!! Can't wait to see the first FAMILY pic =) Always warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE seeing you with wes in your arms! so glad that bonding is going well. what a special mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best post!!! I was dying laughing at the monkey part. I would have certainly screamed too. I love that you have a picture in front of the same artwork of Africa as your hubs did during the court process trip. That's going to make for amazing memories.

    Take Care and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My adopted son was born on Mother's Day 4 years ago! Bask in all God's glory.... Happy Mother's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT IS SOOO GREAT TO SEE HIM IN YOUR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see your whole family together!!!!!! BLESSINGS!!!!!! Because I know that although you are happy to have Wes in your arms....you are aching to be back with your other babes too :)

    Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So AWESOME, Best Mother's Day Present you could get! Praying for a safe return home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just shootin up some prayers for you three right now! Happy Mother's Day! God is so ever faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. praying for you sister! He is precious!! love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special mother's day for you! Praise God that you have been able to bond with wes so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristi~ I have been home 5 days only from Uganda myself with our baby girl Rissa and wanted to see how the wait to retrieve Wes was going. I am THRILLED to see that you are homeward bound soon!!! What a miracle after wall that Ethiopia familes experienced only a few short months ago. I truly thank our Lord and praise Him with you. What a Happy Mother's Week you are having!!! Lots of love to you, my friend~ Esty (p.S. - time for a new blog title... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!