Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life AFTER the Airport :)

Well, as you can imagine...life has been busy since leaving the airport:We've now been home 4 days and everyone seems to be adjusting well to "baby brother" entering the home....
Wes is simply adorable and sweet!! He is mellow and calm and precious! We couldn't have ASKED for a better addition to our family.....
Little Miss Princess Pants is "learning" to like her new role as BIG SISTER!! She's still not too sure about her baby brother...but that's an excellent post in itself with some really good pictures coming up next...so stayed tuned (LOL :) ....
My life hasn't really changed....just add one more needy little person...and well....i'm pretty used to this already....Doesn't phase me much.....
We've already been up to big school to visit the older 3...we've been to Wes's first dr. appt...we've eaten out a couple of times...We've hit Target and Costco...and well...WES IS AWESOME!! I just wear him in the sling and he loves looking around and taking it all in. He won't even let Daddy hold him at this point...(which makes daddy sad)...but I'm super happy about HOW MUCH HE LOVES and PREFERS me already!!
We've had lots of visitors...Aunt Kasey came to meet Wes...Jules and Poppy came by..Aunt Julie lane..and many friends...Little Wes will tolerate someone holding him for about a 1/4 of a second.....then .....
Then you get the LEAN towards Momma with both arms and the sad little cry:
Yes, i'm eating up this LOVE AFFAIR he has for me right now!! :)

*Oh ,and Daddy had the sign out in the yard so that all our neighbors could know that WES ARRIVED!!! So fun!!!
Well...we're blessed beyond words! Our little buddy has slept through the night since I had him in my arms...crazy i know!! He takes one great nap a day (giving me time to love on my other 5 littles) and wakes up smiling!! He's already learning to walk and is just doing GREAT!! I'm just constantly stopping and praying to God to THANK HIM for this miracle in our life!! It sincerely feels like a MIRACLE that he's HERE in our home...He's OURS...FOREVER!!!

**So, that's how we're rolling on day 4 home...more soon!! Thanks for checking in on us....Happy Sunday to you all, kj

20 comments:

  1. He is just adorable! So happy for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I am so glad that he is such a good baby! I loved seeing him in all of the pictures with the family.

    God is so good...and I am thanking Him for your precious little gift!

    God Bless you!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYY for a smooth transition! He looks VERY happy to be home :O).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for the whole family. Praise God that Wes is doing so well. I look forward to reading about the rest of his transition and how the lovely LL transitions him into HER world....HaHa!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! So happy!!! He is sooo handsome!!! :) What a miracle and a blessing. Sometimes I seriously cry when I remember my own blessings....it just makes me realize how wonderful our God is!!! Praise God for lives that are forever changed- ours, theirs, and all who witness HIS miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyyyy!!! This post brings me SO MUCH JOY!!!! I can't WAIT to come see ya'll!!! Love you all so much and so thankful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little Wes is home! Not sure if you remember me, but we'd chatted when I just found out we were going to have to get a FBI check and hold our adoption up, and you had hit a snag. I love that God was so quick and faithful to answer the prayers of His daughters. For us, it was a waiver on the check, and for you it was bringing your son home! I am so encouraged by your (and so many others) stories of God's faithfulness throughout their adoption journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW!!! I hope and pray that our transition with Caroline Faith will be that easy one day! It sounds like things are going great!!! So happy for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome act of obedience on your Families part and what an amazing answer to prayer and perserverance. God is so amazing and he knows exactly what we need and when. Your Family is so beautiful and is such an inspiration to so many! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love seeing pix of you all home together. so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melt my heart, soooooo great to see you all together, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. doesn't it seem like more than 4 days? that sounds so funny. so glad everyone is adjusting...not that I expected anything less!! love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your family!!! I just love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely mama, lovely family!!! welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, so glad you're home and adjusting well! Wes is just adorable! BTW, I was the one who met you in Addis at Island Breeze the other week...so nice to meet you in person! -candace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh! The pictures are adorable. Your husband should talk to mine :). Bekah was the same way. She wanted mommy and only mommy. It was rough, but somewhere around six months she reached up for daddy and wanted to go to the store with him (yep, we both had tears in our eyes). SOOOOO excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad your little man is home. Your picture look how I feel:) I went from two to four....twined both:) Exhausted, but awesome! Congrats on having Wes home. Glad Kasey got to hold him. She has been amazing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kristi!! Congrats on bringing Mr. Wes home!! He's adorable..how old is he?? I was just curious as to why you don't do the "cocooning" after bringing your adopted babies home?? Just asking, is all. How is LL getting used to Wes??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your bringing West home!! How is old is he?? I wast just curious as to why you don't do the "cocooning" when you bring the babies home?? Just asking, is all:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!