Thursday, February 17, 2011

Add Another Title To My List....

I am a Christian, Wife, Mom, sister, friend, daughter, House Cleaner, Chauffeur, Adoption Advocate, Blog Owner, Cloth diaper collector ...and now....."Waiting Child Advocate" for Ordinary Hero...Yes, I officially joined the Ordinary Hero team (basically cause my big sister ASSIGNED me the job...and you do what your big sister says to do :) LOL No, really..I've always LOVED being a part of my sister Kelly's non profit Ordinary Hero..but now she's given me an official title AND EMAIL!! I know...I have 5 young kids and another one on the way home...so why add more to my plate?? Ummmm... I have no idea.. I guess i'm just a sucker for those "waiting children" :) You know...the thought of a child just "waiting" for a family to choose them kind of makes me lose sleep!!! So, my sister will add it to her site today sometime...but IF you want to see the waiting children through her site..you can email me at Kristi@ordinaryhero.org and I'll pass along the password!!

**I had to go to the official PHOTO SHOOT for Ordinary Hero yesterday..It was so much fun..and they had MY photographer take the pics!! We had a great time....She even had LL model one of the new Ordinary Hero kid shirts:
***And, my sister snapped this pic from "behind" the scenes:
Yes, LL won't pose for a pic unless I'm holding her!! Little Stinker!!! :)

**So, that's the latest TITLE around here!!! So, if YOU have a connection to "waiting children" at a particular agency...then please contact ME..cause I'd LOVE to get more pics out there (password protected of course) for families to see!! I want Waiting Children to become a THING of the past!!! :) One can dream right??? :)

Thanks everyone!!! And Happy Thursday to you all, kj

7 comments:

  1. perfect role for you!!!! how cute is ll?! lulu and jack wear their shirts alot. but i like the new color options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS perfect for you and a great way to use your blog to advocate for waiting children. I need to get my hands on some of those codes, because I'm pretty sure our next adoption will be a waiting child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Especially since you were already in that role without the title! :) I need to get my older kiddos that blue shirt. The other one didnt come in their sizes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! That is so great! And, like everyone said...perfect for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect Kingdom assignment and job title written just for you!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone could balance this new title it is you ;). have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!