Sunday, August 8, 2010

Took The Weekend Off...

Yes, I enjoyed my little weekend away from the computer....We loaded the kiddos up Friday afternoon and heading to Lexington, Ky to visit family!! We did lots of fun things and I'll be sure to post more pics tomorrow when I'm done checking my bazillion emails from this weekend that I ignored!! :) And, NOT that I ever get that much sleep...but sleeping in ONE small hotel room with 7 people for two nights...doesn't equal VERY much shut eye at all!! :) So...I"ll share more about our weekend away VERY soon....
And...until then.... check out www.youthvillages.org My friend, Angie, just sent me a link to this site and I found the MOST adorable children UP for adoption!! I mean..some cuties!! I clicked something like: "get involved" then "adopt a child" and then " meet our kids" !! Ok, so this sibling set...(the ONLY sibling set) just spoke right to my heart!! Not sure why...but I thought maybe someone reading JUST might be looking for an adorable Caucasian blond haired, CRYSTAL blue eyed 9 yr. old girl and her blond haired, blue eyed 5/6 yr. old brother!! Both healthy and they SO want a family...are YOU it?? Go check out the site!! :) note: I know nothing about this organization...but I certainly want to learn more!!
***Happy Sunday to you all, kj

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Robin, and I live in Nashville. We've never met, but I just wanted to thank you for this post. My husband and I have been looking at both international and domestic adoption of older children. We had put in an inquiry at DCS, and had never heard back.

    Thanks to your post, we contacted Youth Villages, and they contacted us back the very next day. . . Twice! We've already been through orientation, filled out an application, and are starting PATH classes in October to adopt a waiting child in Tennessee.

    Thank you for spurring us on to love and good deeds. God is indeed doing a miracle in our family, and you have played a significant role in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought I'd give you an update from my above comment. We finish our PATH classes this Saturday, and we've been told that we should expect a child placement offered to us before Christmas. While the children you linked to have been adopted, there are many more kids available!

    We've learned much about foster-to-adopt in the last 2 months. For those who worry about the cost of adopting, foster-to-adopt is completely free. Six months of fostering is required before adoption, and the state pays a daily stipend to support the child. Then at adoption there is a huge federal tax credit because the children are considered "special needs" if they are older, in sibling groups, or are a difficult-to-place minority!

    According to statistics, there are around 8000 kids currently in foster care in Tennessee, with 1700+ waiting for adoption. We're hoping to make those numbers a little smaller in the near future.

    Thanks for posting that link above. I can now wholeheartedly say that Youth Villages is a great organization to work with, and that this is going to be a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!