Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sorry...I just had to try one on her....

Ok, YES...I gave in to the PRESSURE....Lucy Lane's wearing a CLOTH DIAPER!! LOL NO..really..I just thought this last batch of diapers that arrived were SO cute that I decided LL MUST try one on to see HOW they fit and HOW cute they are on her......And, I begged her NOT to go "potty" in them..and I washed it AGAIN before putting it away (i promise :)...BUT...these adorable cloth diapers arrived..and well..they were so fancy and cute with all the bright colors and patterns...I thought LL must try one on!!! SO, DID LL LIKE HER NEW FANCY PANTS?? Well, NOT REALLY..She wanted them off...but I explained that it was just a "fancy" diaper..and then she was ok with wearing it for some pics for me...Well. she got to play with brother's light saver thing too!! Bribery always works with LL!! :)
And, while she was FULL of her FAMOUS funny faces..and BUSY thinking she was the funniest, toughest child ever put on this planet...I snapped a few pics of her wearing a cloth diaper... PLUS she wore her NEW TSHIRT to show off for yall too!!! Cause ya know...Little Miss LLM is gonna be a GREAT big sister to her little Wes:
Well, we'll have to make sure she doesn't whack him with this life saver thing SINCE she thinks doing that is the FUNNIEST thing she EVER DID..and well...since he's the size of her little pinky finger...we'll have to make sure she's not sitting on him either SINCE she also LOVES to run and jump on all her siblings!!! :)
So, here's the back view of a trendy little cloth diaper...Aren't they cute:
And, here's HOW they arrived...Aren't they too cute..with notes and instructions and all...(and ignore those Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in the background...Do cloth diapering Momma's LOVE Krispy Kremes as much as us Pampers using Mommas?? The chocolate covered sprinkle ones heated in the microwave for 8 seconds are awfully yummy :)
Thank you Jessica from MD for sending us these diapers for the babies of Ethiopia..and thank you also for inspiring my post tonight :) !!! And, thank you to the TWO people that also ordered them on line and had them shipped to me too!! I got TWO brand new orders of DOZENS of prefolds!! There was no specific name that it was from...so to WHOEVER ordered and sent those...thanks a million!! Way too kind and generous of you all!!! There hasn't been ONE day yet where an order didn't show up!! Praising God for every single one of them!! And, fyi..I got my first two boxes handed over to a traveler headed to Hannah's Hope on Tuesday!!! And, I have my first stash ready to head to Ethiopia for Wes's orphanage too!! So excited about this!! Both of my children's orphanages are gonna be stocked with cloth diapers!! yayyyyy

**Ok, so thanks a million to you all!! And Lucy Lane thanks you too for allowing her to WEAR her first EVER cloth diaper!! LOL Happy Sunday to you all, kj

11 comments:

  1. They are so fun, aren't they? I love letting my little Ellie toddle around in her big ole cloth diaper. They look so cute with those big booties from the bulky diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pics!! Well, she looks super cute in a cloth diaper! :) And I love her BIG SISTER shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable...love her silly expressions and the diapers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I've followed your blog for a while now by way of Heather Cheatham who is one of my dear friends! So this may sound totally pyscho but I've got some diapers to send BUT I'll be in Franklin on Friday and would love to just bring them with me and give them to you! My husband is building a house for clients who live there and I am just going along for a fun weekend and to meet up with some of our college roommates! So I understand if that is totally weird but I'd love meet you if you have a spare 5 minutes this Friday. Also I get all these blogs mixed up in my head but I went to college with Jamie Sanderson and Jenny Wiliford who I think are friends of yours too. Anyway that's my background check;) but let me know if you can!
    Brittany
    Polk family blog at blogspot dot com
    Brittany Paige Polk at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! waiting on my kitchen counter when we got back from Ethiopia last week was our first batch of cloth diapers! I can't wait to use them SOON! I am so excited about the big diaper movement for HH - I had no idea they were so needed until we were there and we saw them re using the disposables. We had taken a ton of diapers over with us for HH but now we're collecting a bunch of cloth to take with us next month for HH to have. Thanks for all you do for all our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable!!!! I love her shirt. :) From a mom with boys that LOVE Star Wars... it is a lightsaber... I get corrected a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOODNESS! This post just made my day! I’m Jessica from MD! Your little Ms Lucy Lane looks so adorable in that Kushies diaper! I love that you tried one out on her, and I LOVE that they’re in your capable hands now and will soon be on a precious tushy in Ethiopia! For those of you who have just been introduced to the world of cloth diapers, there are definitely some trimmer options out there than the one pictured on LL. But, the one on her is an AIO (all in one), so it’s very absorbent and easy to put on; hopefully a good one to have around at the orphanages. I am still on a quest to get you prefolds, snappi fasteners, and waterproof covers, as this is probably the best system for the orphanages in the long run. Once my 11 month old is potty trained (sorry, might be two years from now) I’ll send the rest of our cloth diapers to you! :o) Okay, gotta run, my husband wants to know why I’m smiling from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea, I love Krispy Kreme Doughnuts...especially the chocolate covered sprinkled ones! I've been known to eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK- she is PRECIOUS! I have SO much catching up to do her in blog-land! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! If you email me your address at matheslindsay@yahoo.com I've got some cloth diapers for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute pictures of Lucy Lane!! I just wanted you to know that you will be getting several dozen cloth diapers from our family soon!!!!! We were so excited to get them and send them your way! Thank you so much for organizing this! To think that one of these diapers might be worn by our future little one just makes me smile! Can't wait to meet you at Created for Care!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!