Monday, February 8, 2010

Left Overs Anyone????

Well, the ADOPTION FUN just continued on today...A "adopting" friend with AGCI was coming through town today from Atlanta so we made a little PLAY DATE out of it. I've met Andrea before when she came here to visit back in October...but today she got to meet LOTS of her adopting buddies with AGCI that she hadn't had a chance to meet yet!!!
From left it is Vannessa, Rachel (private blog), ME, Andrea, Cris, and Amy!! These are ALL AGCI moms "in the wait"!! I'm obviously home with my Ethiopian girly...BUT....4 of these girls are on the wait list, and ONE is getting ready to travel to get her boys!! So fun!!! There is nothing better than hanging and chatting with mommas that "get it".... Moms that share a LOVE for adoption and the orphan care!!!
Ok, so WHY the title???? Well, because I served everyone "left overs" from the baby shower yesterday!! I had no energy, time or money to head back to the grocery last night...so left overs from the shower it was!! And, I do believe there was plenty!!! :)
One last pic of Andrea and her baby Frank and MY LUCY LANE!!! I think Baby Frank was finding her awfully CUTE!! He just couldn't take his eyes off her!! :)

**Thanks guys for coming over today and hanging and chatting!! It was so much fun and I count my blessings each and every day that God has put some wonderful women in my life!!

Happy Monday to you all!!! kj


FEBRUARY 8, 2010*
Surely You desire integrity in the inner self, and You teach me wisdom deep within. Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:6-7)

If we’re going to live in freedom, we have no choice but to renounce every single secret place of sin to God, exposing even the smallest detail to the light of God’s Word. This is the means by which God injects truth in the inner parts.
-Beth Moore, A Quick Word with Beth Moore - Scriptures & Quotations from Praying God’s Word





7 comments:

  1. I love her blog and she has been an encouragement to me! Glad she was able to meet you all today! I am hoping to find adoptive families in Ohio that we can connect with like you all do! I think its great! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely LOVE some leftovers with the crowd you had over. I was telling Andrea that my hubby is taking a business trip to Atlanta and Nashville in August and I would LOVE to meet all of you fellow AGCI's families. Hopefully our little guy will be with us by then (#11 right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have been blessed by your culinary and hospitality skills, I know that leftovers at your house was a real treat!!!
    What a fun day! The photos are precious. I "know" Andrea and look forward to checking out the other blogs!
    Love & Blessings (and a little jealousy) from Hong Kong,
    Kim
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for having us. It was so much fun. You know I can talk all day :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, I am so sorry I missed y'all on Sunday. I'm taking the gift card by Tracy's this week. Brian worked Saturday night until 12:30 AM and then had to work all afternoon on Sunday. :( I was pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day.....just started reading Andrea's blog a few months ago. A little jealous of your Nashville fun! We actually just started the process for Ethiopia for our 4th! It's taken us about a year to finally take the "leap of faith". We are using Gladney and requesting a girl 0-24 months! Have a blessed day! Oh, and Lucy Lane is just the sweetest. She's growing like crazy!
    Jenny C.
    calcrew.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wishing i could have been part of meeting all the agci mom's and eating leftovers. what an adoring look on frankie's face! he's got good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!