Saturday, February 6, 2010

BUSY!!!!

Wow...it has been a BUSY few days!! Ok, I know..we're all busy....I'm nothin special!! :) AND, I'm really NOT busy at all compared to a few of yall out there!! BUT, my life seems to get kind of crazy when I'm involved in things OTHER than my normal 5 kids, a hubby and a house to keep up!!! You see, I really don't do much other than those essential things in my life!! I don't really volunteer anywhere much except the occasional holiday school party and reading to the class a couple of times a year!! Just my 5 kids, hubby and a house (oh, and my blogging habit :) keeps me as "busy" as I really need/care to be!! :) SOOOO, with that said...I've had a few EXTRA things going on over the last few days...let me show ya:Thursday night was an awesome night!!! I had the privilege of having dinner with the Executive Director of All God's Children Int. (our adoption agency)!! He flew in from Portland, OR to have dinner with some of us "Nashville" folk to discuss the AGCI SUMMER PICNIC (and all kinds of other cool stuff going on that weekend)!! It will be held in Nashville this coming summer and I'm so excited about it!! I'll be part of a great team helping plan it...We all had dinner on Thursday night (which I some how got in charge of making the reservation for dinner which well...didn't turn out too well..it was suppose to be a quiet place we could talk...Well...lets just say it WASN'T even slightly quiet...Oh, well..you win some you lose some :) and enjoyed some great food and lots of good laughs together!! I look so forward to this summer's awesome ADOPTION weekend!! I'll be sure to post more details as they come about in the near future!!! Some how, I got the sense that they weren't going to allow me to PLAN the next dinner :) LOL


Well, as I said before, I don't sign up for much EXTRA stuff cause I usually just don't DO IT or ACCOMPLISH it very well!!! For example..I get home Thursday night from the dinner I just mentioned and realized that I had to take a crock pot full of chili to the Elementary school the next morning! We were already scrubbing the house down at midnight to get ready for Friday night's 2nd grade slumber party when I remembered!!!! So, the hubby runs out to the grocery at midnight to get the ingredients for me...(yes, I love him :) I wake Friday morning attempting to get two off to school and make home made chili at the same time (while 3 little ones hang at my feet wanting love, attention and breakfast :)!! I get the two out the door and throw the chili together trying to beat the clock SINCE it was suppose to be at school FIRST THING that morning!!! I have to throw the 3 little ones in the car with their jammies on, me still in my jammies, AND run to the school TRYING to figure out HOW I'd get them all in PLUS a VERY HOT pot of Chili!! Thankfully I catch a friend to take it in for me...AND...back home to get dressed and finish up cleaning up for slumber party that evening....


****The kids had a birthday party to attend BEFORE our slumber party started...so we made an appearance at the birthday party and the hubby arrives home just in time for 20 2nd grade girls to arrive to spend the night...this is the "post poned" bday party for Helen since we had to cancel last week due to stomach virus and SNOW!!
The girls had a blast...AND, yes, no one got ANY sleep!!! I slept from 1-4 A.M. when one child woke up thinking they were going to puke, another fell out of the bed (she went home with a black eye), and another came up at 4a.m. asking if it was morning yet??? Uhhhh, no!!! :)


They all survived and here they are at breakfast this morning to prove it!!! :) The important thing was: Helen wanted a slumber party for her 8th bday AND SHE GOT IT!! Mission accomplished!!! :)
**Today, it was Build A Bear Workshop with the cousins right after breakfast (and after everyone left)...straight to basketball game...straight to grocery...and home to clean and cook for Adoption Shower I'm giving tomorrow at our home!!! Thank you hubby for cleaning all evening for me!! (yes, I love him even more now :)
** Stayed tuned for tomorrow's pics...I'm so excited about celebrating the adoption of my friend Tracy's newest bunch!!! She and her family have just passed court for a sibling group of 4 from Ethiopia and they'll be traveling in the next 2 weeks, yayyyyy!! So over the moon excited for them and these precious 4 children!!! I just can't wait to meet them!!!
Ok, so needless to say, i'm pooped and heading to bed!!! :) Got a big day tomorrow too!!! :)
Happy Saturday to you all!!! kj

"FEBRUARY 5, 2010*
Therefore we will not be afraid, though the earth trembles and the mountains topple into the depths of the seas, though its waters roar and foam and mountains quake with its turmoil. (Psalm 46:2-3)

Faith is not believing in my own unshakable belief. Faith is believing an unshakable God when everything in me trembles and quakes."

-Beth Moore, A Quick Word with Beth Moore - Scriptures & Quotations from Praying God’s Word

6 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm exhausted reading that...you are one crazy fun busy girl! So glad the party went well. Guessing there are a lot of little girls in middle TN going to bed a little early tonight! Enjoy your shower tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wore me out just reading it! lol And you are a braver person than me, that is way too many girls to slumber with! lol I can only imagine the giggling and screaming that went on in your house! Your hubby is a sweetheart too, mine stayed home from work the other day to spend one day in mom's shoes doing doctor runs, and grocery shopping and playing school bus. It wore him out. :) But it's awesome when they are happy to help us. Looking forward to hearing all about picnic planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi, I cannot believe how fast you must be running all the time - and 20 second graders spending the night? - INSANE! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending the hubby on a midnight run to the store b/c of remembering a meal that had to be ready for the next day...we were separated at birth!

    we will be in nashville at the end of july for a wedding, i am SO hoping the picnic will be near that time. i'm sure it will be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pics of the girls are so adorable! Thanks for the beth moore quote at the bottom...with everything thats happening with uganda adoptions i needed to read that today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm excited for the picnic!! i'll be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!!